I’m a sucker for grapefruit based cocktails in the summer. My newest favorite cocktail is the Lavender Jalapeño Paloma, and it will be yours too. It’s smoky, bright and floral; sweet and spicy. Trust me.
- 3 oz. fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 2 oz. Banhez Joven mezcal
- ½ oz. lavender jalapeño simple syrup
1. Rim the glass with the lavender salt mixture.
2. Combine grapefruit, mezcal and the lavender jalapeno simple syrup with ice into a cocktail shaker.
4. Strain into glass filled with ice.
5. Garnish with Lavender Candied Jalapeño.
Make the simple syrup: Combine ½ cup sugar, 1 jalapeño, and 2tbsp lavender with ½ cup water in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat; cook until sugar is dissolved, 3–5 minutes. Let steep for 20–30 minutes; strain, discarding jalapeño and lavender. Set aside to cool. Makes about ½ cup; extra syrup will keep, refrigerated, for up to two weeks.
- 1 tbsp. dried lavender
- 1 tbsp. Maldon sea salt
- 1 slice grapefruit (to rim the glass)
Photo courtesy Saveur