If you don’t know Rudy’s Barbershop, you should. The brand opened its first location in 1993 in Seattle and has quickly grown to over 29 locations across the USA. And I will admit, I have never actually had a haircut at Rudy’s, but I have discovered their great product line. A few years back I was staying at The Ace Hotel in NYC. I had forgotten my shampoo and conditioner – so I opted to use the ones they supplied. Usually this is a no-no in my books but I didn’t have much choice. I was pleasantly surprised by Rudy’s shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. AKA Rudy’s 1-2-3. Since then it has been my go-to shower essentials.
Now Rudy’s does offers a full range of award-winning, expertly crafted products backed by the knowledge of our experienced barbers and stylists. But I have only tried out the 1-2-3. So what do I love about it?
- I love that it leaves my hair clean yet doesn’t feel stripped or dried out at all.
- It is safe and effective for all hair and skin types, including color-treated hair
- I love that it is Cruelty free, sulfate free, paraben free, gluten free, vegan
- Lightweight formulas with a citrus scent create a creamy foam lather and retain moisture. Much needed with my hair.
- I love, love, love Rudy’s exclusive signature citrus fragrance with bright accents of orange zest, balsam, cedar, and clove. It wakes me up in the morning.
- It contains essential oils like eucalyptus, cypress and juniper which provide anti-inflammatory, astringent, and antibacterial qualities.
Further, I love the Rudy’s has been a long time supporter of the LGBTQ community. Since the day they first opened their doors in 1993, Rudy’s has been a safe haven for everybody. They are much more than just a barbershop, they are a community center for friends and neighbors: creatives, punks, weirdos, cool kids, and everyone in between. Throughout the years, they’ve made it our mission to fight for inclusivity and acceptance for the LGBTQ community, a group that has been the backbone of Rudy’s from the start. Since 2012, they have worked with the It Gets Better Project .
For every purchase of any 1—2—3 product, Rudy’s will donate a week’s worth of the same product to a shelter that serves LGBTQ youth so that everybody can feel their best.