You have barely survived the holidays and now have to face the post holidays shopping crowds. Why not start your day with a boozey coffee beverage? I know I will be and I am not even planning on hitting those sales. Here is a great recipe for a boozey spanish coffee that will give you the right kickstart to your day. I used my Nespresso to make a single cup of great coffee quickly – I chose to use Grand Cru Intenso but you can use your own favourite dark roast. Make one for yourself or make a batch for your entire crew. Trust me, it will make everyone’s holiday morning better.
- 3 oz Nespresso Grand Cru Intenso
- 3/4 oz Kraken Rum
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 2 oz coffee liqueur
- lightly whipped cream
- freshly-grated nutmeg for garnish
- lime wedge and granulated sugar for the rim
- Use the Nespresso VertuoLine Evoluo to brew a full cup of coffee and set aside. I used Nespresso Grand Cru Intenso.
- Meanwhile, coat the rim of a heat-proof glass with the lime wedge, then dip onto a plate or shallow bowl full of granulated sugar to coat the rim.
- Add the rum and the triple sec to the glass and ignite with a match. Tip the glass at an angle so that the flame touches the sugared rim and begins to caramelizes the sugar (~1 minute). This will make it so yummy.
- Add the coffee liqueur and the coffee. This will put out the flame.
- Top with lightly whipped cream, garnish with freshly-grated nutmeg.