Every since I began counting New Orleans as my second home, I have been all about an Old Fashioned cocktail. Purists would probably frown on the way I make one. But fuck em, this way is way better.
I say you should always make more more than one, but for one cocktail, you’ll need:
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 dashes of Peychaud bitters (this is not traditional)
- 2 oz. rye whiskey (3 is better)
- Orange peel (for garnish) NOTE: NO CHERRIES
1. Place sugar cube in glass.
2. Add bitters to sugar cube.
3. Muddle sugar.
4. Add booze and ice.
5. Stir with bar spoon till sugar is dissolved.
6. Twist orange peel over the glass to release the zest. Rim glass with orange peel. Place peel in glass.