I know Rabbie Burns’ Day is supposed to be all about celebrating the Scottish poet and enjoying some Haggis. But I am all about the drinks.
- 1.5 parts DEWAR’S 12 Blended Scotch Whisky .75 parts Lemon juice
- .75 parts Honey syrup
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- Candied ginger garnish
- Using a wooden muddler, muddle the fresh ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker until it is well mashed.
- Add the blended Scotch, lemon juice, and honey syrup, and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake until well chilled (about 20 seconds).
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass (you may wish to double strain through a fine tea strainer to remove the small flecks of ginger), and spray the Islay Scotch over the top.
- 1.5 parts DEWAR’S 12 Blended Scotch Whisky
- .75 parts Lemon juice
- .50 parts Simple syrup
- .25 parts. Crème du Mure
- Blackberry garnish
- Add all ingredients (minus crème de mure) to the glass.
- Fill with crushed ice and stir.
- Top with more crushed ice and then drizzle crème du mure on top.
- Garnish with a fresh blackberry.