I am always on the lookout for new cocktails to try out. And although I love watching a bartender work her magic behind the bar at my local watering holes, I also love trying my own hand at mixology at home. Perhaps it’s the ignored scientist deep inside that stirs my need to shake and stir up some drinks for friends. Now, unlike most people, there isn’t an alcohol I don’t really like – it all depends on the cocktail in my opinion. Enter Campari and a slew of new cocktail recipes I am duplicating at home.
ALPHA by Patrice Plante (Canada)
- 2 cl. Campari
- 2 cl. Espolon Blanco
- 1.5 cl. Agave syrup,
- 2 cl. Lemon juice
- 1 dash orgeat syrup
- 8 raspberries
- 1 star anise.
- In a shaker, muddle the raspberries with the syrups then add the remaining ingredients and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the star anise.
BEYOND THE VEIL by Jim Wrigley (UK)
- 3 cl. Campari
- 1.5 cl. rhum agricole
- 2.5 cl. bergamot & yuzu cordial,
- orange peel
- rose petals
- Lapsang tea iceballs (make some tea – freeze it)
- Pour all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir with a bar spoon and then strain into a frozen rocks glass over a Lapsang tea-flavoured iceball.
- Garnish with orange peel and a rose petal.