I am a gin connoisseur and I am always on the look out for a great new gin. I recently discovered Georgian Bay Gin. Yes, they make gin in Ontario. Georgian Bay Gin features wild Georgian Bay juniper, Italian juniper, Egyptian coriander, orange peel from Tuscany and lemon peel from California. I thought this might be the perfect gin to try an old classic cocktail – the Salty Dog.
- 1 1/2 ounces Georgian Bay gin
- 3 ounces fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- Pinch Maldon salt
- Add gin and grapefruit juice to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain into ice-filled glass, add salt on top and serve.