I have never been a fan of blender Margaritas – they feel so white trash college kid at an all inclusive in Mexico. There, I said what you all were thinking. But on a hot summer day there is nothing better than a great Margarita on the rocks, especially a spicy one. This is a Margarita Oaxaquaeña from Chef Arturo Anhalt from Milagro.
- 1 1⁄2 oz Tlacuache organic mezcal
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- 1/2 oz dark agave syrup
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp chile piquín “Tajin” (available at specialty food stores)
- 1 lime
1. Mix salt and chile piquín together and spread evenly on a small plate.
2. Wet rim of the cocktail glass using a lime wedge. Rim glass with salt and chile mixture.
3. Place ice into cocktail shaker. Add mezcal, Grand Marnier, agave, and lime juice. 4. Shake well.
5. Add a couple of fresh ice cubes into cocktail glass. Strain into glass. 6. Enjoy.